Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Art, Blogging, and a Rapper Named 2na

Hey everyone, my name is Stephen, and I started this blog in an effort to showcase some of my art and design work. The blog will hopefully keep me motivated artistically, and provide opportunities to help others with logos, banners, or general web/blog design.

That's the idea at least.

If you like anything you see here, please feel free to leave comments or questions (this means you, Mom and Dad and the 3 other people who read this!). If you've got a blog or website that you'd like to have spruced up, or if you have any other art projects in the works and you're looking for a helping hand, let me know.

I'm going to start by posting some older stuff. This is an illustration I did of former Jurassic 5 rapper Chali 2na:



This was done in my early days of exploring Photoshop and Illustrator, so it was almost entirely done by hand. The lettering was first done by hand on paper, then scanned and traced using illustrator. I originally posted this on Chali's Myspace, and people seemed to respond well. I was hoping that he would want to use it for posters or t-shirts or something, but I never heard back.

Such is the life of an artist, I suppose.

1 comment:

Silicone Alley said...

Nice Work... Welcome to the Blog World